Enter Your Quilt
If you would like to enter a quilt in the show, click here for a printable entry form.
- Best in Show $1,500
- Judge’s Choice $250 each
- In each category: First Prize $500 • Second Prize $250 • Third Prize $150
- Viewer’s C hoice Award Complete set of rulers from Quilter's Rule
- Founder's Choice Award $250
The Next Generation of Quilters
Encourage the young quilters you know to create something special and enter it in our show! This year we have a new category for young quilters ages 16 and younger. They will be judged in their own group, and these prizes awarded:
- 1st Place $75
- 2nd Place $50
- 3rd Place $25
Judges will look for originality, creativity and workmanship. Your entry must have been completed after January 1, 2011, and fit one of these categories:
- Large Quilt perimeter 288" or more ( no more than 90" per side)
- Intermediate Quilt perimeter greater than 180" but less than 288"
- Small Quilt perimeter less than 160"
- Pictorial Quilt any quilt with a recognizable image of a person, place or thing
- Appliqué Quilt perimeter greater than 120" and 50% appliquéd
- Art Quilt, Representational quilts with a recognizable or identifiable subject. Entries should extend beyond the traditional and innovative disciplines, using personal expression and originality in concept, design and execution.
- Art Quilt, Non-Representational Original quilts without a defined subject, relying on line, form and color to create the design. Entries should extend beyond the traditional and innovative disciplines, using personal expression and originality in concept, design and execution.
- Young Quilter any quilt made solely by a quilter age 16 and under (see above in 'The Next Generation of Quilters' for information and prizes)
- Hand Quilted any quilt quilted entirely by hand
- Machine Embroidered any quilt with at least 50% machine embroidery
Long Arm, Mid Arm, and Small Quilting Machine Categories:
- Best Freehand Quilting quilted with a non-computerized machine
- Best Computerized Quilting quilted with a computerized quilting system
- Best Use of Thread in Quilting thread painting or the use of specialty threads in quilting
To enter, send the form and a photo of your quilt accompanied by a SASE (if you prefer to be notified by mail) by August 15, 2013 to:
Northwest Quilting Expo, 16869 SW 65th # 349, Lake Oswego, OR 97035
Acceptance letters will be mailed by August 20, 2013. All accepted quilts must be received by September 7, 2013. Quilts should be mailed to the above address or dropped off at one of these two stores: The Pine Needle or A Common Thread. Quilts must be clean, free of odor and pet hair, and in excellent condition. They must consist of three layers, with quilting through all three layers. They must have a 4-inch sleeve securely attached. No rigid frames, glass or special hanging devices are allowed. Quilts must be able to be folded. Rolled quilts will require an extra $5 handling fee. A $15 nonrefundable registration fee is required with each entry form. One quilt per entry form. Limit of two quilts per entrant. Promotional photography and use of the photographs at the discretion of NW Quilting Expo is permitted. There will be no restriction of photography by individuals for their own enjoyment.